Thursday, June 10, 2010

Life as I know it






It seems like a long time since I blogged but it's been busy around here. Since last time, I've been apart of blessing 5 families with a home in the name of Jesus.

May 24 and 25 we were taught how to lead in building a single! As interns(with staff help), we finished the house in 2 days. We dedicated on that Wednesday. It was beautiful! I just love seeing the joy the families have.

Well the 28th of May the interns loaded up to help a local church with low numbers start building a house. We built for a Mexican couple. In one day, we poured the slab, built and stood walls, got all of the black board on, got the first row of chicken wire on, and build and put on the roof sections as well as put the plywood on the roof. That is crazy fast!! I didn't get to help much because the day before I fell of a curb and hurt my ankle and it was bothering me most of the day. I tried to help as much as I could.

Saturday and Sunday was another house. We built with a group of men from Cypress. We built for Mario and his wife who live with their children and their grandchildren. Lots of people in that house. They were scheduled to do 2 houses but didn't have enough people so the interns helped. We built and finished the houses in two days! It was great! We crossed back over that night to sleep because the next day we had to be up for a staff/intern build. This is where we go with a staff member and a team and we help lead the house.

This next week was amazing! I was with Justin, Caleb, and Shane and our team was from Ransom Church which is in South Dakota. The house went up quick and the team even had time to tape and mud and paint the house (all of which they brought themselves). It was a great learning experience and the group was great too! We built for Rosa and her 3 kids (Diana, Miguel, and Erick). Words cannot express how much I love doing this.

Now to the most recent build. Aubrie and I led by ourselves! We were super nervous but we did a great job! We built with a church from Indiana so it was close to home. lol It was a stressful week but we got through it and now a family of 5 have a house! The parents are both 26 and they have three young children. The grandmother was very emotional and almost made me cry.

I know this is not very detailed but it is as detailed as I can get right now. It has just been crazy. and I fell off a step again so now I am wearing an ankle brace everywhere I go. Hopefully after the build this week I can get in to see a doctor. I have so many stories to share! Tomorrow I'm off to Juarez to build again!

Hope you all aren't missing me too much!!!

<3 Lisa

p.s. The pictures are in order like the blog! :) enjoy until I can get the rest of my pictures up!

No comments:

Post a Comment